We maintain a flock of about a hundred and thirty registered and commercial Rideau Arcott Sheep. We pay great attention to the health and performance of our flock and have excellent quality breeding stock.
Our sheep have:
- High lambing average
- Lots of milk
- Easy lambing
- Strong maternal instincts
- Vigorous lambs
The health of our flock is very important to us.
- We are very selective when purchasing new animals
- Our flock tests negative for Maedi Visna
- We vaccinate with Glanvac 6 against Caseous, Enterotoxaemia, Tetanus, Black Disease, Malignant Oedema, and Blackleg
- We have strict culling protocol for poor performance
Guy and Leah Bouchard live on the second generation family farm and are full-time mixed farmers, farming sheep, turkeys and hay. Guy has farmed sheep for over twenty years, and has developed a strong group of excellent breeding stock. He is active on the Manitoba Sheep Association board. Leah uses their wool to create bedding and comforters for sale. They also milk several of their ewes every summer for their family’s’ personal use. They farm along with their three boys.